From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2013 14:29:02 -0400
> Which means that more commercial beekeepers are successful than not and we might all learn from them, as Randy has many times pointed out.

That's right. People who are trying to make a living with hives numbered in the hundreds have to do everything right or they don't make it. The guys with tens of thousands can see their numbers go way up and way down. They also have the option of hiring seasonal help and laying them off to save costs. When I was running 500 hives back in the 1980s I usually worked another job during the off season. This is a good plan, if you can swing it

Pete