From:
Steve Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 14:01:37 -0500
Paul Leroy asked:

>1.  Do New World Carniolans do well in Southeastern USA, specifically >west central South Carolina?

I can't speak to west central South Carolina, but I've kept New World
Carniolans in northeast Kansas for a few years now, and intend to keep
NWCs exclusively from now on.  In my experience here in NE Kansas, the
NWCs do not suffer from heat more than other bees.  The summers here are
hot with very high humidity; summer days over 90 degrees are the norm,
with a couple weeks over 100.

>2.  Are queens generally available, If so from what sources?

My favorite source for New World Carniolian queens is Strachan Apiaries,
Yuba City, CA 95993, phone 916-674-3881Yuba City, CA. 95993

Steve Phillips
Perry, KS