From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 08:45:53 -0700
Maybe someone can help me out here. As I understand it, we are talking
about gene manipulation to create a plant with "desired"
characteristics. That is wrong according to the posts I have read. So
Brother Adam is a bad guy for his gene manipulation with honey bees. And
I am bad for breeding for winter tolerant bees. And all the seed
companies are bad for breeding hardier, bug tolerant plants. And nature
is bad for allowing genes to change in species to allow the species to
accomodate to changing conditions.
And to combat it in beekeeping, we should get beekeepers with AFB or
varroa susceptible hives and put them near ones where the beekeeper is
breeding for AFB or varroa resistance- because they are making
transgenetic bees! If we do so, we can stop all transgenic bee
experiments from succeeding.
If what I have said is right, I'll try to do all I can to stop the
terrible evil of transgenic bees.
Anyone got some AFB? Varroa?
Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME