From:
Thom Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:41:56 -0400
    Ah  yes, you would have a unique situation. Interesting point that brings up, you
can obviously also control the purity of the line to a very high degree, moreso than
even breeding on an island. Breeding outside of the natural range of the species would
of course throw all towels out the window.
    In your case I would breed as much on my own as possible without "inbreeding" too
much. Trying to work towards a more cold tolerant honeybee would pique my interest.

    Thom Bradley
    Thinking working honeybees in Alaska would be cool.  sorry      : {)
    I bet Mr. Elliott doesn't worry about AHB much at night.