From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2013 09:17:03 -0700
>In my climate the opposite seems the rule. I get pretty good counts during
the summer. After the first hard freeze the only bees with nosema are found
on the landing boards or in the grass. Bees on the top boards were clear.
Sent bees from dead outs and survivors this spring and Beltsville could
find no nosema in my bees.

That is a very interesting observation, Cam!  Aren't you located in
Canada?  Could you please tell me the rough location of your hives?

It appears that few people actually sample for nosema during winter, so I'm
eager to see the results of your midwinter sampling.  Could you please
share with me, either on or off list?

Medhat, do you have any data for nosema prevalence or spore counts during
winter in Alberta?

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA