From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 19:57:48 -0500
... with fume boards there is no great disruption
>and flying about.  There is no robbing, no fighting among the bees, no
>stinging of the beekeeper.  One caution, however: the weather must be warm.
>In cool weather, the bees will not move, even with the boards.
>
>Ted Fischer

Ted -Are you using Benzaldehyde, or Butyric anhydride (Bee-Go / Honey
Robber)?  I have had mixed results, (my experience is mostly with the
former), from cleared supers - to bees hardly moving down at all - to
stupefied bees running all over in chaos.  Have you had good results
consistently, without tainting the aroma of the honey, & what is the most
effective procedure?    I was concerned at the confusion the fumes caused
sometimes.  Any info appreciated -- JWG