Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:30:09 -0400

> Who has looked? Who has data?

Lots of people have looked and there is a lot of data.

I believe the main issue with any pesticide is the method of application
and what other things are in the mix. There are studies that show that Imid
injected into the soild ends up in greater concentrations in nectar than
seed treated.

Stan had a telling comment that when Imid was injected, problems arose.
When it was seed treated, things got better for his bees.

You do not have to have a science degree to understand why. More pesticide
is injected than with a seed treatment. Add that there are many other
methods of application including drip which allow greater amounts of
pasticides to enter the plant.

So, I am coming to the conclusion that many of the application methods,
except seed, allow an excess of any pesticide to enter the plant. Remember
Reagent, supposedly not a systemic but still ends up in the plant when soil
injected.

So our problem is in controlling the amounts used in different application
methods. In essence, we need less pesticides in other methods to do the
same thing that seed treatments do in other applications. A change in
amounts is needed. Except for seeds,

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine