From:
Steve Sweet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2010 22:17:23 -0600
I use those danged green frames for drone production and varroa management.
Instead of freezing the frames and returning them to the hive later, I use a
hand tool to scrape the drone larvae out so the frame can be rinsed and
immediately returned to the hive.   Finding "hot spots" of varroa
infestation is very common within the scraped down brood.  These spots are
generally 2-4 inches (5-10 cm) in diameter.