From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:37:43 -0700
> My pollen patties are a little more runny than I would like  any =
> suggestions?

We add sugar or soy to get the patty just right.  A little goes a long way.

Also, bee sure to visit http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/ and check out the
pollen patty link, and to visit the BEE-L logs.

In the meantime, a simple and obvious answer is to simply add more of something
dry until the texture gets the way you want it.  Just remember that the patties
will get drier for a few hours after they are made, since the dry ingredients
will soak up the moisture slowly, so you usually want them a little sloppy at
first.

Another point: don't stop in the middle of making them and have lunch.  They
will get difficult to work with sometimes due this setting up process.

allen
-----
See if your questions have been answered in over a decade of discussions.
BEE-L archives & more: http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Bee-l.htm
Search sci.agriculture.beekeeping at http://www.deja.com/
or visit http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee to access both on the same page.