From:
Dave Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:05:43 -0400
>No earth shaking discoveries?

Moreover, the odds ratio demonstrated that in CCD apiaries there was an increased risk of
colonies being weak or dead when they neighbored other weak or dead colonies (Table 5).
This suggests that CCD is either a contagious condition or results from exposure to a
common risk factor.

It is of interest to note that EFB-infected larvae found in one apiary suffering from CCD were
distinctly corn-yellow in appearance (Figure 2A) as opposed to the usual beige appearance
of infected larvae (Figure 2B). Microscopic examination of smears from these samples
revealed nearly pure cultures of EFB's causal agent Melissococcus pluton. This is unusual, as
EFB smears usually reveal high levels of opportunistic bacteria such as Paenibacilus alvei,
Brevibacillus laterosporus, and Enterococcus faecalis with little or no evidence of the causal
agent M. pluton [60].

As I've said before I think it is 99% likely that
ccd is a virus

There are other symptoms

dave