From:
Mark Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 04:50:52 GMT
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 07:04:27 -0800, Andrew & Tiffany Dubas
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Does anyone on B-L make their own molds ? the poly ones ? Is it possible for
>the layman to make their own ? I buy from the bigger companies and also a
>company called the candle wic company who actually will make custom molds.
>can it be that hard ?  any ones thoughts ?

You can make your own molds out of silicon rubber. The best stuff I have
used is Dow Corning HS II RTV, a white fairly soft but durable material.
It probably is not made by Dow Corning anymore, since I think they went
bust. But other similar products are surely available. It is very high
priced and therefore very expensive to make the inevitable mistakes in
learning to use it. Go for it.

--
Mark Jensen  Double J Apiaries [log in to unmask]
Los Altos Hills   California    fax 650 941-3488