From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2013 16:48:18 -0700
 Well it's now my 17th year into 4.9mm small cell sizng (middle of natural spectrum of sizing in Nature) and all last seen pest and predator problems with accompanying secondary diseases gone for the most part, though might see 1-2 hives a year with a little in out of several hundred I still keep. and talking mostly varros here, and SHBs, etc.

I say this, for in the first regression down back in the 1980s with 5.0mm-5.1mm sizing, both trachael mites and chalk quickly came to an end for uncontrolable problems, while still varroa numbers then dramatically dropped off. So add in those years and the numbers for long term sustainability get big imov.

Anyways, came thru winter okay and only have 1-2 hives per yard to make up to hold..............so smiling. Also cannot see why others cannot do it sustainable without all manner of treatments and artificial feeds, while letting bees breed locally the old way, with outmating/line breeding.

So watching and reading others comments for spring and just decided to you you know I'm still going.

Dee A. Lusby