From:
George Tamas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:03:59 +0300
Dear Bill,

Dark honey,honey dew,is a honey produce by bees visiting the trees' leaves.

Honey dew is you can say "animal honey" because is produce by insects named Lachnide and Lecanide. This insects live on the leaf of trees eat the sap from the leaf .The sap is very sweet but the insects use only 10 percent of it the rest is gather by bees. There are conditions honey dew to be produce by insects:very hot days and cold nights.This year was a good year for honey dew in my area ARAD, ROMANIA. I have plenty of honey dew in my hives but the problem is I have to get rid of it because you can't winter on honey dew because content of higher wich bees can't digest.

George