From:
Peter van Empel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 1994 09:54:53 +0200
/Does any one know the shelf life of Apistan strips after the package has been
/opened.  I have some unused strips, and am wondering if they are still good.  I
/am assuming that there is some decay of the active ingredients after the packag
/has been opened.

I keep my strips in a dark place, where the temperature is the whole year
about 2-20 C. I have used them 4 years with very good results. I use 1 old strip
(2-4 year) and 1 new strip (1-2 year) per hive.

one, not because they wouldn't work, but on the package stands that you have to
renew them every 2 years. I'm beekeeping for hobby so I can take more risks, but
another year I don't try. (I have used them already 200%)
I think it is commercial talk.  There was even a seller
who told that the bees become resistent of the strips so thats why the producer
changes the chemicals every x year. (?) (the same man is now selling ice-cream).

Put them away in the same package you have bought them and the will stay good
for 4 years.

Peter van Empel