From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:33:04 -0400
>Those of us seeing problems in areas of the neonics (growing number of beekeepers around the world) are interested and will not be detered by those which say nothing to worry about. Beekeepers are STILL waiting for proof the neonics are not causing problems.

First, I never said there was nothing to worry about. Second, you cannot prove a negative.

Let me give an example. Suppose your neighbor says his chickens are missing. He accuses you of stealing his chickens. For proof, he asks you if you eat chicken, which you say yes.

That's where you are at with the neonics. Bees disappear, you accuse the EPA of making your bees disappear, and for proof: well, they approve and register insecticides -- and bees are insects. Nailed it, huh?

Back to the chickens, you say you eat chicken all the time, even raise chickens yourself. Somehow the neighbor needs to prove you took his chickens, you don't have to prove you didn't!

Back to EPA: somehow you have to prove the actions of the EPA caused bees to die. I haven't seen the evidence that their actions caused bees to die, and so far as I know there is NONE.

So, Missouri Bob, SHOW ME!

Pete