From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2007 02:45:13 -0400
Paul quotes James Fischer below;

> Further, the STATED GOAL of these advocates of native pollinators
> is to COMPETE with beekeepers:
>http://www.xerces.org/Pollinator_Insect_Conservation/pollinator_week_action
.html

I read the above link.  In no place could I find any STATED GOAL of native
pollinators to COMPETE with beekeepers.  I can only conclude that the above
statement is a deliberate attempt to mislead.

Jim, your reliability if not your credibility has been compromised.

Paul, I do not mind hearing from the agricultural chemical industry point
of view, but I have to tell you that I do not believe you are motivated by
a desire to do anything but protect your source of income.  Nothing wrong
with that as long as we understand that you therefore lack objectivity and
perhaps credibility as well.  You certainly do not have an interest in
finding out what the truth may be through unbiased research.

“[Native pollinator people] further advise that honeybee removal research
experiments be conducted to determine how
much better the native pollinators might perform in
their absense.  Seems to me the native pollinator
people might eventually recommend this research
to be conducted in farm settings as well..”

To me your above statement indicates that if the truth stands a chance of
not suiting your interests you would rather not have it known.  It is time
you stopped talking for farmers and beekeepers and spoke directly for the
people you represent; the producers and sellers of pesticides and
herbicides.  It’s an honest living, and you have a right to your point of
view, but it is really you who are pitted against native pollinator
advocates not beekeepers, and not a whole lot farmers who are trying to
fill the rapidly growing demand for organic produce.

It may not be in the best economic interests of high intensity corporate
agriculture to accommodate the wishes of native pollinator people, but
there are plenty of farmers and beekeepers who would at least like to know
if and how working with the practices these people advocate might benefit
them.  I for one am not afraid of what this kind of research might reveal.
In fact I am eager to learn from it.

 Steve Noble