From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2023 09:35:52 -0400
OK, I'll bite...

If a queen mated to only one Africanized drone can lead to an so-called "aggressive colony"...

Then how are the progeny of queens from certain places were Africanization is ubiquitous be the mothers of such miserably defensive bees, when her offspring can only mate with local drones, who are generally assumed to be non-Africanized drones?

And when I say "miserably defensive", I am not taking about simply needing to put up my veil, I am talking about a colony where the prudent thing to do is to napalm the whole yard, as they chase you all the way to your vehicle.  I had a few, changed queen suppliers.

(Also, far better that we take care to always say "defensive", never "aggressive", as in my view, as the PR implications are horrible.  I try to quietly keep my bees in the midst of 8 million whiners and crybabies who are all convinced that they are "allergic" to bee stings...)