From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2012 23:57:15 -0400
On 5/11/2012 10:11 PM, randy oliver wrote:
> When you finish that, go to this web site
>
> http://npic.orst.edu/reportprob.html#env
>
> the National Pesticide Information Center’s page to report a pesticide
> incident.

They do have an online form here, but it's not obvious where beekeepers
should report.  It's on the environmental form  (Ecological Pesticide
Indicent Reporting Portal).  However, we have found the form to be
virtually useless as it won't let you submit the form unless you know
the applicators number, or the pesticide used.   I don't know how the
beekeeper is suppose to know this.   The rest of their instructions are
equally as useless.  The Ohio EPA (in my case) does not handle pesticide
events according to the email they sent us.  And if you don't know the
pesticide used, you certainly wouldn't know the manufacturer.   Perhaps
you would have better luck with the 800 number.

We (the Ohio State Beekeepers Association) have been voicing our
concerns about how hard the form is to find (the only mention of
beekeepers and bees on the site, is one word on the instructions for the
form and a page about CCD), and the fact that most beekeepers could not
submit the form.   The EPA also has a web page referencing the form, but
has no link to the form (unless they have fixed it recently since we
pointed it out).

If anyone wants the contacts for these sites/pages, I'd be happy to send
them so you can give them your feedback.

-Tim