From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:46:50 -0400
Colleen wrote:
> Short of supering which I don't want to do this late in the
> season, my other choice would be to pull full frames, but
> all I have to replace them with is foundation....

You could over super. Put an inner cover over your brood boxes and a
super over that and top it with an inner cover and outer cover. The bees
will move any excess to the upper super and you can pull it in September
or whenever the season ends without worrying about any major disruption.

My hives are configured just that way right now.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine