From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:28:25 -0400
Sorry, but the issue is not "can untreated bees survive" but what would happen if the whole country stopped treating. Dr. Spivak seems to say that a complete collapse of the beekeeping industry would result, which I do not doubt, followed by a recovery period lasting several decades. I think the same principle would apply to a complete shift to organic farming or homeopathic medicine. A lot of folks would starve or die from minor diseases. & I have seen too many Twilight Zone episodes to even want to be the last man standing ...