From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2017 21:38:15 +0000
Charles:  "Ahh but as an Engineer or in Science you would know that if you can't control the variables, you need to account for them mathematically."

If you go back to my very first post on Bee-L, (and I didn't see you posting at that time Charles) you'll see I was suggesting we do just this.  But I was put down at that time by a few Bee-L pundits (who apparently thought I was a mere ignorant graduate student, or...?).  However, there was one Bee-L subscriber, Lennart, in the Netherlands, who gave me some advice...but we never got very far and I haven't seen him post in a long time.

Yes.  What we need is a metric that factors in all the local environmental variables so that we can predict and prescribe what specific husbandry we need for our local environments.  That is ambitious and "pie-in-the-sky" science, but that kind of a challenge is the juice that keeps us scientists going.

CONTEXT includes pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, local nutrition, length of season, types of flora, how much forage, and ????  Let's make a list and get cracking.

Christina