From:
John M Thorp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 08:23:56 EDT
Hi Albert, Just before you sent & I recieved your letter one was sent to
Barry Birkey and the bee-l list concerning this. As all of us can
see,none of the questions on our round table discussion are dumb ones
here on "Bee Central"(bee-l). This is from beginners to old salts. Even
tho getting started in the mid 50's I like to think of myself as still
conning out of the beginning
class.                                          I'd like to share
somthing that happened to me about 15 years ago at the peak of the
beekeeping portion of my
life.                                           It was a beautiful
day in every way. The sun was doing its job as well as the gentle breeze
that helped cool the day down a bit. This was on the edge of an avacado
grove at the peak of the honey flow when the only problem was a timley
visit to one and all for r&r of honey supers combined with nightly
extracting sessions. The folks in England have coined a phrase used when
lifes problems arise,"Tell it to the bee's". Without even knowing of that
saying most of us know it to be true that have had anything to do with
bees,no matter what the extent. What a privalige to work directly with a
part of God's creation. It was time for lunch so I sat down in front of
some of the hives to more enjoy this perfect day. Every once in awhile
I'd help one of the girls up off the ground,her wings so worn out she
would fall just short of her goal,the enterance to her home. When lunch
was finished I stood up to go back to work when the two brain cells
involved in my thought process colided. Here we are so many of us going
thru life hopfully doing the right thing most of the time but yet we are
the only part of Gods creation that is not in His divine order and
plan.                   To think a lesson like this could be learned
from the bees. I got down on my knees and tearfully thanked the good Lord
for such a simple lesson. I hope and pray that all of you out there can
see and have that same experience.                      As you can see
my faith is in Him & I want to make Heaven my home and not fall short
like the girls some of us have helped back into their home.With his help
we can make it to Heaven,otherwise we will fall
short.                          All have sinned and fall short of
the glory of God. Romans 3:23
                                                                        Take
Care and GBY,John in Homestead,also at<[log in to unmask]>