Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 00:16:10 GMT
Hello everyone,

I enclose the original posting of this query as the answers
appearing recently on the list concerning straining although
of interest are evolving out of context of the problem.

Have you heard of the strainaway system ?  Well, it involves
melting wax comb containing (granulated) honey, ideal for
oil seed rape, but if the combs contain a lot of pollen then
the pollen gets mixed in with honey and its cloudy.

No amount of straining through your normal cloths, standing
it in the sunlight, heating, praying or bible quotations
will ever clear this stuff.

Now, ... I want clear honey because thats what my customers
want.. so if anyone has come across this type of problem,
then how did you clear your honey?

The only logical answer received so far is to filter through
70 micron rated nylon mesh. Looks like your going to win
this one Matt :-)

Regards
Philip Earle

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 01:24:45 GMT QUB wrote:

> From: QUB <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 01:24:45 GMT
> Subject: Honey containing pollen
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> (Aaron, did you have to forward this from SYSAM to BEE-L
?)

> Hi all,
>
> I have quite a lot of honey which contains excess pollen
> such an extent that the honey is very cloudy (I would
rather
> sell it clear than cream it ).  Normal straining cloths
have
> little effect on clearing this stuff so before I invest in
> an expensive 200 um (micron) rated nylon cloth from
Thornes
> I was wondering if anyone out there has had this
experience