From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:39:02 -0600
> Yes.  It was very clear from her presentation that colonies brought into
> that area for pollination resulted in significant colony takeovers by
> pseudo-queens.  Resulting in conversion to africanized queens in those
> colonies.  Her statement was that it was difficult to keep the colonies
> with european queens due to this behavior.

Exactly.  That is precisely my understanding too, and,  this is as far as I
heard Dr. D-H take the matter.  There were consistent references to African
or Africanised queens and workers and pseudo queens in the talk I heard.
There was no talk about capensis queens.  There was talk and illustrations
showing the unique AHB queen pheromone profile.

Any talk about dwindling and any direct comparison to the serious troubles
in South Africa seem to me to be associative leaps made by listeners and not
part of what she said.

Correct me if I am wrong.

allen