From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:45:27 -0500
While I am slightly embarrassed, I didn't realize until I read his comments
that Dave Green looked at his site as the basis of a commercial enterprise.
Honestly, I had only ever looked at Dave's considerable and interesting set
of photographs.  Perhaps if I had looked at the "pollination" portion of the
site I would have realized the commercial possibilities.

I certainly do not think that sites funded with public monies should
intentionally compete with private sites.  Moreover, the mere existence of a
site funded from public sources would deter further development of private
sites that might compete, and that is also not desirable.

Lloyd
Mailto:[log in to unmask]
Lloyd Spear Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
Visit our web site at http://www.rossrounds.com.