From:
Joe Waggle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:25:48 -0400
--- Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

(In reference to Bob I still don't buy it in spite of
the evidence, and hoping to live long enough to see
the *SMR trait does not exist* be proven incorrect.)

> See how proof and facts are treated, the same as
> opinions, that's funny.  Thanks Bob, for proving my
> opinion about facts not always being proof in
> science or proof not always proving a fact....

Keith's got you this time Bob. ;>)

A wise old timer once said, "Never fall in love with
an idea"

I agree with Keith that opinions based on anecdotal
observations are good until proofs come
along that prove them otherwise.  This is what Harbo
has done with the SMR theory, and this is good
research.  Harbo is now saying it is caused by
exceptional developed hygienic trait as the facts
revealed and he is now abandoning the 'suppression
theory',,, this is good research.

In this case, a few here may have been a bit guilty
of 'falling in love with an idea' (SMR).  When you
fall in love with an idea, it can be very difficult to
let go when the facts start presenting themselves
proving otherwise.

Joe Waggle ~ Derry, PA
Small Cell Beekeeping
‘Bees Gone Wild Apiaries'