From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 08:23:01 -0500
>>>Is Pierco making 5.10mm foundation now, then?  (5.1 - 0.1 = 5.0).
> Last Pierco I measured was 5.25mm.
>
> I was recalling from memory what Nick Lissman (of Pierco) wrote me
> about their cell size.  I should measure it!

I should add, since it is not obvious to many, is that the medium depth
Pierco frame with foundation built in has a larger size cell than the one
piece deep frames do.  From talking to Nick some time back, I'm not sure he
knows what size his cells are.  He was just lucky to get good advice and
make standard brood frames with an (IMO) optimal cell size.  For some
reason, the mediums were later made to a more standard US size.  Can't
recall.  Are they 5.3mm?

(FWIW, some people can glance at a piece of comb and guess the cell size
within a millimetre, while many (most) can measure and still not get it
right).

allen