From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2015 12:39:23 -0600
In his defense, Mr. Bush's suggestion was not that we alter the pH of sugar syrup, but rather that we stop feeding it at all.In his opinion, we should not be taking honey that the bees might need for themselves. And if they cannot produce enough to support themselves, then to supplement them with artificial feed is to select for inferior bees.

With no problem to this point,  it depends on your goals.  Mr. Bush is not a honey producer or a bee producer or a queen producer of record.  His yields would be what many would call disappointing.  In fact I asked him once when he was going to go fulltime,  his comment was he needed his day job to support his habit.

If you raise bees for fun,  it may be a 100% valid point.    If it’s a business,  you might seriously look at other models.

Charles