From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 06:35:45 -0400
>> I was told by a very reliable source via email that
>> Roger Morse published a Florida extension pamphlet
>> some 50 years ago that did roughly the same thing I did
>> [Testing caging laying queens on comb]

> In postgraduate work, he was State Apiculturist for Florida for two
years...
> I don't guess this lends much credence to your argument....

It is not my argument... it was clearly identified it as what someone merely
remembered, and told me.
I only wanted to be sure to give credit where it was due, or might be due.

This is why people email things that they know, rather than post them to
online lists.
No one wants an argument over a collection of beekeeping ephemera that has
never been assembled, as an absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence.
There is a reason the noun is "ephemera", pamphlets are "ephemeral".

To my knowledge, "The Florida Entomologist" never reprinted state
ag-extension pamphlets as refereed papers.
So, the "online beekeeping scholar" approach is not going to find it, as
there is no online archive of old Florida state ag pamphlets.

What I'd REALLY like to find is an even older work on caging queens: "
Practical Handbook of Bee Culture, with some Observations upon the
Segregation of the Queen" a british book by Holmes, S.  Can't find it
anywhere.