From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 2009 21:13:32 -0500
>> Not true, KBV was not in all CCD samples.  Some beekeepers  reporting CCD
>> had KBV, but KBV wasn't in all samples, nor was IAPV.

 I agree with IAPV(83%)  but  KBV was
 reported in the *CCD & IAPV briefing paper* as being in 100% of the samples
 as well as told to the members of the ABF & AHPA. in newsletters.

 Quote Danny Weaver published in the American Beekeeping Federation
 newsletter (Sept../Oct. 2007 Vol. 65  No.5 pg. 4 "From the President by
 Danny  Weaver).

 The newsletter was sent to all ABF members back then to inform members of
 the current research being done on CCD as the CCD researchers had came out
 and said the source of CCD was the IAPV virus.
 All winter others discussed the issue and the story never changed. KBV &
 nosema was found in all (100%) of the collected CCD samples.

 from pg.1030 of the December 2007 ABJ :

Bob Harrison :
" Concerning Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) and Israeli Acute Paralysis
 Virus (IAPV) ,I found the statements of Danny Weaver , president of the
 American Beekeeping federation (ABF) , most informative concerning the
 information contained in the CCD and IAPV "Briefing Paper" released
recently
 ( Diana Cox-Foster, Dennis VanEnglesdorp and Jeff Pettis)."

 Danny Weaver:
 "Moving on to a  review of the data in the  paper , not all CCD colonies
had
 IAPV-only 25 out of 30 ( 83%) Second , one healthy sample had IAPV,so the
 correlation between IAPV and CCD is not perfect. By comparison , NOSEMA
 CERANAE WAS PRESENT IN ALL CCD SAMPLES (100%)
 also in 17 (81%) of the healthy samples.

 "Likewise , Kashmire Bee Virus (KBV) was found in ALL CCD samples. (100%)
 and 76% of healthy bees ( 16/21). Therefore KBV and N. ceranae are the most
 sensitive indicators of CCD- Looking for KBV and N. ceranae infections
 IDENTIFIES ALL CCD samples without missing any"

end Danny Weaver statement..

 we are talking about the release by the CCD working group on the findings
 of the samples taken from the hives for which CCD was named.

If the loss (CCD) was simply caused by a
 combination of known bee problems such as KBV & IAPV and N. ceranae then
 would not really draw much attention.  These three may have been new to the
 USDA-ARS and in the U.S. but certainly not new to the worlds bee
 researchers. Nor to me as I have followed all three for years!
 The new aspect has to be pushed to get funding.

 bob