Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2017 04:59:31 +0000
 Yes,  certain but can't find the date on the internet. (Saw it once in writing when I was research something).  David was shocked and has not imported any semen since although he can.  David has been affected by the manuka wars. He lost 300 hives to poisoning last year. Luckily none were his breeding stock.

 Found this reference: The researchers have tracked the global spread of the deformed wing virus, and say it came to New Zealand from Europe.

Alison Mercer, a professor of Zoology at Otago University, said there was an epidemic of deformed wing virus in hives across New Zealand now.
She said most people thought the original host of the deformed wing virus was the varroa mite, but this new research showed it was actually the honey bee.
However she said the varroa mite did help to spread the virus, and that was when the impact on the hive was problematic.
Ms Mercer said researchers from Otago University were working on a project which could be a breakthrough in stopping varroa mite from wiping out bee hives around the world.

Frank Lindsay
New Zealand