Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 09:16:16 GMT+0200
Hi all

This message is probably directed more at the temperate and tropical
zone people who have knowledge of the australian acacia flowers.

In my part of south africa we have a bit of an invasion of the
australina acacia, acacia longifolia. I have four beehives in an area
surrounded bby this plant that are doing mindblowingly well. (Middle
of winter and have just filled a deep super each in two weeks.)

The only reason I can think of for this happening is the acacia's
which are in flower. The problem is that I have been told that acacia
l is only good for pollen?

Any comments?

Also, these bees are rather aggressive. I opened one hive and they
went AWOL stinging things up to a hundred meters away, so maybe
whatever flow it is it has contaminants of isopentyl acetate or
something in it too?

Keep well

Garth
---
Garth Cambray       "Opinions expressed in this post may be those
15 Park Road         of Pritz, my cat, who knows a lot about
Grahamstown          catfood."
South Africa               Phone 27-0461-311663

In general, generalisations are bad.
But don't worry BEEEEEE happy.