From:
"Jack C. Turner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 09:03:20 EST
I deleted Andrea's post before I gave myself a chance to
consider it.  If she'll send me an addressed envelope, I'll
send a b&w photo that I took in the woods.  There are a lot of
misconceptions about bees in trees, at least from my
experiences here in the Appalachians.  For example, seldom is
there the type of opening that, say Pooh, could simply reach
into - often itknot hole or the end of a broken limb.  Also,
many of us who have followed them in mountain woodland wouldn't
know the meaning of the term "bee line" - I've watched them go
maybe fifty meters at a right angle to the tree, then cut
through a more open area.
Jack Turner
6100 Redwine Road
Wise, VA  24293