From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:09:20 -0800
Bill said
>  One standard observation from most who rotate comb is how healthy there
>  bees become after new foundation is introduced. I think you get rid of a
>  variety of ills, not just pesticide residue.

I sure noticed the same thing in my operation this year, Bill, and  I
don't have any old, dark combs, nor have I used synthetic miticides
for several years.  I sell so many nucs that I have rapid comb
turnover.  I also don't have significant pesticide exposure.  Yet bees
still appear to do better on foundation, as opposed to drawn combs.

I'm planning to experiment more along this line.

BTW, great post Lloyd, although coumaphos has been detected several
times in honey.

Randy Oliver