Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:42:23 GMT
>>If a nucleus can be ... so the  bees have to pass through it to enter their nest ... but cannot actually enter it ... they will settle in the nuc and tend the frame of unsealed brood... The queen ... before too long, leave the wall to take over
the ... the nuc.  At least that's the theory!

I like the idea but don't if it can be made to work.  How do you prevent the bees from re-entering the wall nest and yet allow the queen to eventually come out?

In a set-up like this, given that the queen's scent in the nuc will be weak to non-existent do to the distance and lack of bee interchange, I think the bees will raise an emergency queen from the unsealed brood in the nuc.

Waldemar