From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2017 09:00:09 -0400
>  Commercial beekeepers all treated for mites and had the lowest loss. Treating for varroa cut losses almost in half.

You know, after I wrote this I thought "even that isn't something you can get from the data."

Although it would appear to be true and validated by the numbers, the fact that commercial beekeepers had half the losses and always treated for varroa could be an indication of a different factor which doesn't appear in the numbers. They may be results rather than causes.

The driver would more likely be: they are doing this for a living, they try harder and do more things to keep their numbers up.

PLB