From:
Dennis LaMonica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2014 08:45:18 -0500
>Here's the origin for the woodcut for Dennis:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Theater_of_Insects.jpg
><<"This is a woodcut from a book by the English naturalist and
>physician Thomas Muffet (1553-1604)">>

> Theatrum Insectorum' was NOT authored by Thomas Mouffet,
> he merely inherited the work, and published it.
I would like to offer my thanks to all who participated in discovering the
origins of the skep on the hive stand with special thanks to Joe W.
 I have attempted to discover the origins of the skep off and on now for
about a year.

This Christmas we had the skep embroidered on some sweatshirts.  And that
renewed my interest in the origins of the skep image.

For anyone interested I have inserted 2 links to photos of the embroidery

Once again thanks for the help.
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2wP2NwUvCxoTDlSQ09jS2Ftbm8/edit?usp
=sharing
<goog_717598723>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2wP2NwUvCxoWDhGQjA5eTlJcU0/edit?usp
=sharing

Dennis
a -1 degree F day in very western New York, USA