Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2017 17:38:49 -0400
> >hence a 2x7 application would be effective as shown by Medhat
>

> I feel that Medhat should address the above.  With 50% of the mites being
> phoretic, and at a 95% kill rate of those out (47% kill, plus additional
> kill of the 4% emerging the next 3 days, would result in a total 59% kill
> at first application.]
>
> If you repeated in 7 days, you'd kill another 59% (not accounting for any
> mite reproduction in the interim.  This would leave 17% of the original
> mite population remaining, unless there is the residual effect that you are
> speaking of..

Ta! Ta!

That has been what i have been trying to figure out through my guesses as
to the mechanism. You just cannot get to 90% unless there is something
working beyond what you would expect.

> >I think the foot pad theory is dead.
> >

> Not at all!

Still think it is dead. Just too hard to have that as the only way that OA
works while all the other Acids of the group (Lactic, Acetic, Formic, and
even Oxalic as a spray or dribble ) do not. At least I have seen nothing
that says they only work through the foot pads so why only OA vapor?
Occam's razor.

It is contact. BTW, that includes foot pads but they are just another point
of contact, not exclusive.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine