From:
William Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2012 10:20:27 -0500
On Mar 2, 2012, at 3:21 PM, Jorg Kewisch wrote:

> I bring this up for 2 reasons:
> 1) I love to throw some raw meat into the lion's cage and watch them
> fight  ;)
> 2) There is nothing  simple about the climate change and reading
> this or that newspaper article does not give an answer. What you
> have to do is apply the scientific methods with an open mind,
> scrutinize the facts and be ready to change our mind at any time.
> The same applies to beekeeping and that is what Randy and Peter try
> to tell us over and over.
>
> Jorg

Just as we always do (human trait?), we will wait until the last
minute or until we hit bottom
before we do anything.  Beekeeping many years ago was so easy.  No
bugs feeding on them.
No pesticides.  No foreign  competition.  The seasons were more
predictable.  All the hives were
made of wood or wax.
Whether or not we have global warming, we will find out because we are
not going to give up on
fossil fuels.  When we talk about something not going to happen until
the end of this century,
then most of us forget about it.  When we think about driving 1.5
million hives to the almonds,
how much gasoline does that take.  With gas at $4 a gallon in the US
and more in other countries,
This is not just another little expense.  We can't live on a planet
that gets hotter than 120 degrees
all the time or stays at less than 40 below zero F. I heard that south
Florida has already given up
growing some crops because it is too hot.

Quit Billy

OK