From:
Mike Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 0100 17:13:57 GMT
There is a diatomaceous earth mine just over the mountain from where I live in
Northern California.Its at an elevation of about 3000 ft.The stuff is taken out
of an open pit mine and processed by heating somehow then bagged.It is used for
all kinds of filtering ,a lot being used for swimming pools.It has the
appearence of walls of solid white chalk where roads have been cut through
it.My kids used to break off chunks of it to mark off hop scotch squares.
    In my 1945 edition of ABC and XYZ it states:"It should be explained that
the spores of AFB can stand boiling for 5 hours  and in many cases retain their
vitality to germinate and grow on culture media although under such long
boiling they may lose their
virulence...."

This message was sent using InterStar WebMail