From:
Ruary Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 19:32:43 +0100
When you are examining the pollen content of honey you are examining the
pollen grains which have been ingested by the bee with the nectar. Pollen as
foraged separately is distinct and is as we all know collected on the
corbiculae and then then unloaded and transformed into bee braed. This is
stored separately from the nectar/ honey.
It is as you suggest perfectly possible for pollen to be stored by the bees
without it being represented in the pollen spectrum of the honey.

The Welsh National Flower collection are working on dna and this seems to
give results.