Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 08:17:20 -0500
Hello all,

I've been a bee-l member for some time but first time post.  I'm new to
beekeeping & would like to do Ross Round comb honey.  I've been rather
disappointed about the lack of conversation concerning comb honey on
this listserv so thought it was time to post.  Is there anyone out there
that could offer some "do's & don'ts" about comb honey ---particularly
Ross Rounds.

I'm not interested in doing other than comb honey because I want to
truly be in touch with the honey bee & "learn" from them.  I've done a
condiserable amount of reading but have not applied the application.
It's now showtime & I would appreciate opinions, advice etc. (Maybe
encouragement)?

Also, I need to establish my methodolgy for working alone.  Is there a
height that I should have my hives at in proportion to my body?  I'm
thinking about the saying, "there are 2 kinds of beekeepers: 1 with a
bad back & 1 who is going to have a bad back."  As I live alone, I dare
not be too reckless.

Thanks for any advice you offer.  It's appreciated.

Sally in sw Michigan