Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2011 09:33:14 -0600
> Packers heat and filter honey to remove pollen to extend the shelf life and
> to satisfy ‘consumer demand’.

Packers need to watch out the consumer is wising up to what they call honey.

I sell over 2 drums honey from my front door no sign no advertising just
word of mouth the consumer is looking for non filtered honey and will
not take any thing else. Some customers buy several gallons in 2# jars
because they know I run out in the spring. Several other beekeepers have
notice the same trend a close friend sells over 10 drums the same way he
does have a sign though.

I sell the rest of my honey to other beekeepers that are doing the same
thing supplying the consumer with what they want unfiltered honey. The
consumer is changing there taste and it is not what is on the store shelves.

It is funny that honey in most other countries is sold candied.

--
Harper's Honey Farm
Charles Harper