From:
Jane Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 1994 08:58:30 PST
Sometimes tracing the pattern of eggs on the brood comb helps.  Good
queens tend to lay in somewhat spiral patterns.  As has been mentioned by
someone else, I've seen a queen continue to lay while you're examining the
frame.  I think a lot depends on temperament, and possibly how often you
open the hive...

--Jane