Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:48:58 -0400
>> I have no idea how one can make a scientific observation on this point
>> (regarding lack of robbing), and I have been mystified by this report
>> from  the start.  It is the only thing that justifies flagging this as a
>> new  phenomenon, in my opinion.

<numerous observations detailed here>

> Don't need statistics for these types of response.  It seems that when
> bees begin to rob CCD hives, then you are safe to re-populate the
> equipment.  Force bees on to it, and ~50% of those colonies are likely to
> fail...  And yes, I agree - this is the one unique symptom that I've not
> seen before.  Very odd.

Thanks for the details, Jerry.

Agreed, you had controls and multiple observations at diverse locations, so
this one puzzling and almost anomalous aspect seems proven.

Odd then that this one point is not the prime focus of the investigation and
the funding.  I should think whatever is learned should have far-reaching
importance, and far beyond beekeeping.