From:
Michael Moroney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 00:26:27 -0500
As to mites, the types that affect bees are tracheal mites and varroa mites.
I've never heard of ear mites bugging bees.

Regardless, after over a year the mites would be long gone.  (but they'll
be back, have him learn on early diagnosis/treatment of mites)

As to mold, is it mold or a bunch of "hairy" tunnels?  If the latter it's
wax moth.  If they've eaten the comb pretty much up then replace them with
new foundation.

If it's mold bees will clean it up, but if it's gotten too bad again replace
the comb.  In a colony I had by the end of winter all the bees were in the
upper "story" and the lower story was blue green and white mold like sick
bread mold.  But after the colony grew stronger in the spring the bees cleaned
everything up and everything was fine.

-Mike