From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 01:36:00 GMT
IM>I do not contribute much to the list but the people who do should not be
  >ridiculed for doing so.

Hi All,

I did not read any ridicule in any of the posts, maybe I missed it.

  >Everyone has their own ideas about beekeeping and how they do it
  >is their business, good or bad as long as it doesn't effect others.

I would say that anyone who pretend's to bee part of the professional
scientific community must be aware of peer review, and that's
exactly what you get here if you post your ideas and you don't have to
be a professional bee scientist to boot.

In my opinion we may give a better review then the norm because of our
personal experiences which I can assure all is much different then those
found in the liberal academic community and from my own experience one
that is appreciated more then most would admit by that community which
is highly politicized. Maybe we are not the politically correct
reviewers expected from more sophisticated peer groups, but then we bee
keepers are not sure if we are beekeepers or just keepers of bees
anyway, and it never made me no never mind if keeping the "white man's
fly" or honey bees or honeybees was correct as long as my bee gum's are
full of healthy bees.

IM>If we do not learn from other places then we are no a narrow trail to
  >nowhere. Not all things work the same as some of you know. Any idea good or
  >bad should not be discarded as no worth of a test.

It is hard to grow old without learning a little something, and one
thing I learned is that those who want to be heard do not run away, and
those who do run have little faith in their message and may have a
faulty message that can not stand the light of the enlightened
beekeepers inquisitive mind's, air heads, pin heads, and block heads that
we all can bee.

IM>When I was a pressman apprentice so far back I don't want to remember the
  >the journeyman that was teaching me was from Sweden. He said learn all you
  >can from everyone, keep the good and discard what won't work for you. With
  >the same in mind I approach beekeeping the same way regardless of what

Beekeeping itself has relative few old successful participants who
follow a precise plan or set of rules as it is the variability of nature
that determines the yield of the hive and one soon learns that the rule
is that variability itself and understanding it is more rewarding then
fighting it. In short there is no one who has experienced it all and the
fun is in the experience good and bad.

Those who say they have found the "gold key" to keeping you bees healthy
should be approached with a jaundice eye as many have treaded that path
before only to leave us with much experience, less cash, and more the
cynic.
                           ttul, the OLd Drone

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.

---
 ~ QMPro 1.53 ~ ... He has heard the quail and beheld the honey-bee,