From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 09:13:51 -0700
On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Albert W Needham wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jun 1997 23:11:55 -0400 [log in to unmask] writes:
> >How do I get rid of a bumblebee hive in my garage without using
> >pesticides?
> >Any organic way?

> because it's a dirt floor :-). The Bumble Queens scout out my garage
> regularly every spring.
>
> As I have stated once before on the List, why do you want
> to kill a Bumble Bee(s)? This business of us humans wanting
> to kill everything simply because it is there is certainly not
> a positive statement that supports our alleged belief that
> we are a 'superior species' as some would have us all
> believe. Long after we have done ourselevs in via
> pollution, etc., guess who is going to have the last
> laugh ? ..... the lowly cockroach ... who was here before us
> and undoubtedly will be here long after the human species
> is exticnct !
>
> Bumbles are harmless! They don't bother anyone and you
> have to go aways to get one to sting you! They go about their
> business calmly and they will be gone in the Fall !

 Hi Al and All,

   Very well put. I can't beat what Al has already mentioned.But I have a
little to add.
  The more understanding of nature you have , the more likely you will not
kill everything in sight.Nature is a balance and we are the only ones that
try very hard to throw it out of balance.Lady bugs eat aphids by the
guzillion. We spray to kill the aphids and kill the lady bugs. We kill the
natural control. I have lady bugs all over the place and no aphids and no
spray.
 I learn somthing new and wonderful every day.We all need to back down off
of our tower and join the whole world.Understanding will bring us much
closer to a state of calmness. The heart attack rate will go down without
drugs. Plus you smile alot more when you slow down and enjoy what the
creator has given all of us to take care of. We shure have blown the take
care of part, but we can get better.Beekeepers need to be wired to
nature.The enviornment is very important to the bees. We need to know what
is going on outside the hive as well as , what is going on inside the
hive.It is all ONE.

Best Regards
 Roy