From:
Carlos Aparicio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 21:03:06 +0300
At 07:06 AM 20/02/1998 -0600, Allen Dick wrote:
>....>
>If bees are unable to continuously occupy an area of a hive they seem
>reluctant to fill it permanently with honey.  This is one reason
>why controlled crowding is important to getting comb honey built. This is
>also why top ventillation can result in reduced crops if not applied
>wisely at the correct time in the year, if at all.

>Comments?
>
>Allen

I'm working now with top ventilation of the hive.  In fact, 10 of my 20
hives, may be more, have now top ventilation and a top entrace for bees.
I begun this summer and don't know yet the results.
In your post you say top ventilation could be cause of reduced crops in base
to some kind of uncontrolled crowding.
I would like some aditional explanation.

Thank you in advance

Carlos Aparicio
20 Hives
Santa Ana Beach