Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 11:35:39 -0600
Hi all!

Our season is just starting here in Colorado and the bees are really
moving on the days it doesn't snow (12" in two days last weekend).

My question is on wax-moth infested frames.  I purchases some used
frames from a guy last year (Peirco one-piece) which the moths really
went through.  Without scraping down the hives, I placed them in an
out-building expecting the winter would freeze them.

After 15 days of  consistent -20F temperatures this year, imagine my
surprise when I open the hives to find LIVE larvae all over the frames.
Now what?  Will the bees take care of these if I re-use them or should I
scrape them all down?

Thanks - as always, for your interest & reply.

Matthew Westall in Castle Rock, CO